Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bag Worm Damage

As I mentioned on Tuesday, over the weekend I finally got a chance to take care of a lot of little things that were bothering me in the garden.  I finally picked off the bag worm cases from the evergreen shrub out front (which I think is a bird's nest spruce).  There must have been 80 cases - I stopped counting at 50!

Just a few of the bag worm cases I picked off and put in a garbage bag.

At least half of the shrub is defoliated, but there are new needles coming back.



The pictures below show the difference between the affected area and the rest of the shrub.


Next year, I'm not going to waste any time in addressing any sort of insect problems.  I think I left this too long, so I'll probably have to spray for bag worms next June.

No comments:

Post a Comment