Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bloom Day - October 2011

I finally got around to posting another entry for Bloom Day.  Let me tell you, it's looking pretty sad out there.  If I sound like a broken record about fall blooming plants or multi-season interest, it's because these are the ONLY things blooming in my garden right now.  I'm making a solemn vow that next fall, my garden will have a lot more going on.

Clockwise from upper left: Potted chrysanthemum,
re-blooming azaleas, volunteer chrysanthemum,
potted coleus, and volunteer impatiens.
My thanks to Carol, at May Dreams Gardens, for hosting the Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day each month.

6 comments:

  1. Well what you do have blooming is very pretty and colorful! Even a re blooming azalea! But I know what you mean. I too have made a vow to get some color in my fall garden. I have only a few flowers left from the summer bloomers and have not yet planted for fall. Next year I will do better. That is my solemn vow! Happy Bloom Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to next year's show. These are mighty pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you have blooming looks great! I planted some glads late, and I hope they bloom before frost. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to resist all those spring-blooming plants in flower at nurseries when we shop and to buy something just green with the promise of the future in fall. It's worth it though. Happy GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This meme really does make you stop and look at the garden with different eyes. I have realized where my garden's weak spots are, and are slowly changing them. You have some pretty blooms. Good luck getting more fall blooms next year!

    ReplyDelete