Friday, September 2, 2011

Garden Parts: Along the Fence




Here are four of the five types of buddleia my Aunt gave us.  They've all been planted along the fence and mulched.  I'm considering adding some perennials as well, if I can find them at the right price, but I'm not sure about planting perennials in the late summer/fall.  I know it's recommended for shrubs, so maybe I'll give it a try.

The arbor at the end of this bed needs to be replaced.




It fell over during the hurricane and no matter what we do to try and stand it back up, it always ends up on the ground again.  It looks like termites have been munching on it for a while.  The bottom rung and stakes look like they're still sturdy, but they're essentially hollowed out.  The hard part will be moving the climbing hydrangea from the old arbor to a new one...I'll have to think about how to accomplish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment