Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


My Mother's Day "gift"
I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  On Saturday morning, I met my parents at the William Paca House plant sale and got a whole trunk full of plants.  Afterwards, my dear husband dropped our daughter off at his mom's house for a sleepover and went out to watch the Derby.  I was able to plan and dig to my heart's delight, and for once, everything got planted.  It was nice to actually do some gardening instead of just typing about gardening. 

I had the best of both worlds on Sunday because I got to sleep in and then I got to go pick up our daughter.  She has been a handful lately, but I couldn't imagine the day without her.  We enjoyed some quiet time in my parents' garden, hit the grocery store, and headed home. 

My mother is also a gardener.  It's something we've been able to share, even during my admittedly horrible teenage years.  She taught me everything I know and it seems everytime I'm in a garden I think about her in some way.  I'm sure I always will.

Thank you, Mom, for loving me no matter what, for preparing me for the world, and for sticking with me even while I was pushing you away.  Happy Mother's Day.

2 comments:

  1. She is absolutely adorable! I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, no dress? Seriously though, that's a really cool photo. She looks very happy right there.

    ReplyDelete